Wednesday, October 14, 2015

More Malekula....

So the 10 days consisted of going into a village to talk to the chiefs regarding Dr. Gray's project. I was working on organizing the meetings, translating English to Bislama for the research party to the chiefs, and organizing (surprised?) the trip in general! Here's some more pics:

The visitors...

They brought us grapefruit! I gave them peanut M & Ms in return.

running into the dingy!


Lakatoro sunken ships




burger night on the boat!

Nakamal in progress...the totems are amazing!

love this environmental mural!



sunset with the cows


island gangstas!

Hookin' a monster tuna!!!


orange watermelon WHAT?!


meetin' with the chiefs

Ben's night catch!

sailin' the ship!
I tried my hand at this on the rough ride back but it was too choppy for me!

secure the sails!

back on Efate!


sunset on Efate in Vila

No comments:

Post a Comment